Monday, July 23, 2007

A Nice Night For Leftovers.

One of the great things about having parties at your own house is all the leftover food & beer! Though it can be a bad, especially when I come face to face with cookies & brownies first thing each morning! Which is why it's important to have the husband take that stuff with him to work first thing Monday morning! There was way too much food leftover from the party to even think about cooking something else for dinner, so leftovers it was. I was most looking forward to trying the smoked pork, since all but what the husband saved for us was devoured! The pork shoulder was delicious, very tender & incredibly moist - another score for the husband & his smoker! Now the only reason I'm telling you about this is to show the food, since I failed to take food pictures during the actual party.


Bass is one of my favorite beers, but for tonight I decided to go with a Leinenkugel Honey Weiss. The husband choose to have a Bass. There isn't much I could say about Bass that hasn't been said before, it's a classic British pale ale - wonderfully smooth and according to the makers, "anything else is rubbish." I wouldn't say the Honey Weiss was rubbish, but I'm not going to add it to my short list of favorite beers either. Well not yet anyway, I'll have to give it a few more tries. The Honey Weiss was enjoyable, it had a smooth taste and was a just a tad sweet, but not overpowering. While looking around the website I found recipes using Leinenkugel, I'm sure we'll be trying some of these out soon.

No comments: