Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fit For A King.

Elvis's love for peanut butter & banana sandwiches seems to have inspired Reese's new Peanut Butter & Banana Cream candies. These limited edition cups are essentially a normal peanut butter cup, with a thin layer of banana creme. I think the picture, on the right, makes the banana layer look much creamier than it actually is.

The husband has a deep love for the original Reese's Cups and also enjoys peanut butter on a banana, so I thought I'd buy a package of these for him. I'd seen them around in the store, but really didn't think they sounded good. I like peanut butter on a banana just as much as the next person, but wasn't to sure about this "artificial" concept.

The final verdict - I liked them and the husband didn't. He said he doesn't like artificial banana flavoring. We ate ours frozen, which more than likely alters the intensity of the flavors slightly. I thought they had just the right amount of banana flavor, but like I said we froze ours. In the end I doubt I'll buy them again, but they were good to try out.

No comments: