Monday, December 17, 2007

Banana muffins.


There have been three banana's laying on the kitchen counter for about a week now. Each day I look at them and think I should make something. But I've been busy and am just now getting around to using them up. Initially, I was going to make some banana apple bread, but decided at the last minute to go with something else.

I wanted to make the Banana Crumb Muffins I found on All Recipes, mainly because I'm a sucker for streusel topping! I followed some of the suggestions posted and added cinnamon to the batter as well as using oil instead of butter. Other than those two items, I followed the original recipe exactly. The recipe turned out 10 beautifully delicious muffins, which were light and airy and had a nice combination of banana and cinnamon flavoring. The crispy streusel topping was delicious!

No comments: