Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Recipes I've Missed.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I'm part of an online cooking club. Someone posts a recipe, we make it & then report what we thought of it, etc. This week the fourth recipe was posted and I'm sad to say I've only participated in one, and it was the one I posted. Bad huh? Here's a recap of what's been cooked so far. Let me know if you make any of these and your thoughts, etc.

Week 1 -I just didn't have time to make it, I'll come back to it eventually. Here's the recipe: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/beef-pork-lamb-recipes/grilled-pork-chops-with-peachy-hot-salsa/article.html

Week 3 - The husband does not like sweet & sour chicken. I thought about making a scaled down portion for my lunch, but it just seemed like a lot of work for lunch. I may or may not come back to it, haven't decided. Here's the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/lf_hl_eatingwell/recipe/0,3190,FOOD_30878_100936_,00.html

Week 4 - Neither one of us is a fan of fruit & meat combinations. Sweet & savory just usually doesn't do it for me. I doubt I'd ever make this, but here's the recipe:

Weight Watchers Apple Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 apples, unpeeled,cored and thickly sliced
1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon cornstarch

1. Sprinkle chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
2. In large fry-pan, heat half of the oil over medium high heat; brown chicken all over.
3. Transfer to plate.
4. Add remaining oil to fry-pan.
5. Cook apples and onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
6. Add apple cider, bring to boil, stirring and scraping up brown bits from pan.
7. Return chicken to fry-pan.
8. Cover and cook over medium low heat, turning once, until no longer pink inside (about 7 minutes).
9. Transfer chicken to serving platter.
10. Whisk vinegar with cornstarch; whisk into fry-pan and cook, stirring, until glossy and thickened (about 1 minute).
11. Pour over chicken.

WW POINTS per serving: 5
Nutritional information per serving: 241 calories, 8.4g fat, 2.1g fiber

4 servings

No comments: