Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chicken & Cashew Stir-Fry.

My cooking group has started the second session this week and I'm still trying to make all the recipes from our first session! I'm almost caught up, just a few more to go.

Chicken & Cashew Stir-Fry via Annie's Eats (by way of Liz's Cooking Blog, by way of Gourmet magazine [May 2007]) - how's that for some citations?!?!

I added some sugar snap peas, used green onions instead of the scallions, used chicken breasts and doubled the sauce. I apparently got a little heavy handed with the red pepper flakes so I added some hoisin sauce to counter the spiciness. I agree with some of the reviews on Epicurious which suggested adding additional vegetables - bok choy, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, water chestnuts, you get the idea. Served over brown rice this is a super quick weeknight dinner.

I am going to enter this into Joelen of Joelen's Culinary Adventures Chinese Cuisine Adventure. Check out her blog, she's amazingly talented and has all these great cooking parties & classes, makes me wish I lived in Chicago!

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This looks absolutely delicious! I never understood the way cashews made it to chinese cuisine, but I do know that's one of the few ways I really like cashews. Thanks also for submitting this to one of my blogging events! I really appreciate it :)

That Girl said...

Yum! I make something similar - it's a great way to use up leftover veggies.