Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Banana Blueberry Muffins.

I tend to procrastinate a lot. For instance the fresh blueberries I had planned on using had already rotted by the time I got around to making this recipe. I used some frozen berries, but was disappointed to find out I had less than half a cup. I should probably rename this recipe banana muffins with a hint of blueberries, since there were on average two berries per muffin. I was afraid these muffins wouldn't turn out well since they lacked an egg and the batter was pretty dry when mixing together. They turned out fairly well, despite being a little dense which I'm positive is a direct result of over mixing on my part. The flavors were tasty, though I felt like they were missing something - maybe vanilla or cinnamon. Still they were quick & easy to make and great for relaxing with coffee and the Sunday paper.


E-Z Banana Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping

3 ripe bananas
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. canola oil
3/4 c. unthawed frozen blueberries
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

1. In a medium bowl combine bananas, sugar and oil. Mash well. In another bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to banana mixture. Stir together until just combined. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased muffin pan or muffin liners.

2. In a small bowl, combine butter and brown sugar until coarse crumbles are made. Sprinkle over muffins.
3. Bake in 350 oven for 20-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.

Yield: 12 muffins (I made 16)
Source: unknown

No comments: