Thursday, July 9, 2009

Simple Sweets Bakeshop.

Sitting outside with my Dad this morning at Cup o Joe in Clintonville, he noticed a new bakery sign across the street. Now if you know me, you know my parents used to own two bakeries back in the day. And if you know my Dad you know the man likes his baked goods, hell hath no furry like a doughnut shop that doesn't have his favorite in stock! He tells me he has to check this place out and proceeds to race across High Street. He came back a few minutes later with a chocolate chip cookie and a piece of whole wheat pumpkin bread - both he scored for free! The cookie was soft and full of chocolate, not too big and not too small. The slice of pumpkin bread was large about half-inch thick and pretty tasty too.

Simple Sweets Bakeshop - 2991 North High Street* - grand opening this Saturday, July 11th. Make sure you stop by after you hit up the Clintonville Farmers Market!

* Simple Sweets is located right next door to Hungry Howie's Pizza, in the same strip as Lavash Cafe - directly across the street from Cup o Joe. Pattycake Vegan Bakery, Don Patron - this area is really starting to boom!

Sorry I don't have pictures of the store front or what we sampled. Normally I carry my camera with me all the time, I took it out of my bag this morning and of course needed it later. Such is life.

PS. I just saw a couple coming out of the store carrying a big bag of treats & they look happy!

2 comments:

Simi said...

good info! yummy yummy yummy! will certainly have to check it out.

erin said...

yum! i am in that area quite a bit lately.

i will check it out!