Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lunch at The Wildflower Cafe

I've wanted to try The Wildflower Cafe for a long time, so I was happy when a friend suggested we meet there for lunch. The cafe is tucked off of Indianola Ave, just north of North Broadway, in a pretty nondescript white building.

Generally I like to be prepared for restaurants, so I studied the menu several times prior to lunch and had pretty much decided what I wanted. The menu I was given, was not the menu online. This menu had more options, which sent me into menu overload - it happens quite easily, just ask my husband. This situation was not helped by friend #1 who kept asking, "what are you getting " or "that looks good."

In the end, I went back to my original plan and ordered the turkey and Brie baguette. Friend #1 eventually decided on the tuna melt with a cup of broccoli soup. Making a split second decision, friend #2 ordered a BLT - sans mayo and adding American cheese. She's with child, she's allowed to do that. All of our sandwiches were served with chips and pickle spear.

If I had to rate my lunch on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 6. It arrived hot, which I wasn't expecting and just could have been better. So my lunch wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. The best part was friend #1 paid for lunch, so free lunch + Brie = happy, and that's all that matters!

The verdict: I'd go back, next time for breakfast, they have corned beef hash!

No comments: