Monday, July 14, 2008

Mykonos Burger.

Recently I joined a cooking group on a chat board I frequent and our theme for this session is main dish entrees. Lack of time and planning on my part prevented me from participating in the inaugural round (this was the recipe). This was my week to choose the recipe, so I knew I had to get my act in order. I've been holding onto this recipe for Maria Menounos' Mykonos burger since it was published in Health magazine back in April. Truth be told, I mainly picked this recipe because I had all the ingredients on hand and it sounded delicious, not to mention quick.

This recipe was created for Maria Menounos of ET/MTv fame by celebrity chef Bethenny Frankel, better known from The Desperate Housewives of New York City and The Apprentice: Martha Stewart.

My verdict? This is a seriously easy, healthy, fast, delicious and fabulous turkey burger. Can you tell I've found my new favorite burger? I didn't have any feta, so I omitted it and saved some calories too! I topped the burger with spinach leaves, banana peppers and the ketchup-Dijon sauce, which I added chopped parsley to. I honestly wouldn't change a thing next time, which is unusual for me.

No comments: